Innovate to improve detection of deteriorating conditions
Date: 24 and 25 January 2017
Day 1: 09:00 - 17:30
Day 2: 08:30 - 16:00
Location: Blackburne House, Liverpool
Resources for you include:
Be prepared for a jam packed couple of days! Here's what's coming up...
Need some help to prepare your pitch? Read this short guide and follow the advice to make your pitch stand out.
Click image to enlarge
It's perfectly normal if, at some point, you feel you might benefit from outside support from someone with experience and knowledge in the area you need help with. This is where Mentors come in.
If you need expert advice, aren't sure about something and just want further clarity, send a team member to the registration desk to request a mentor.
They'll need to tell us what advice is needed so that we can match you with a mentor with the right knowledge and skills.
Here's all the information you need about our
Guidance on ‘problem pitching’
Register your team here or at the help desk by 1.30pm on Tuesday 24th January
Business model canvas
Breakdown the problem
Register your time for your practice pitch here
Submit your slides for your final presentation here or at the help desk by 1.30pm on Wednesday 25th January
How to upload your final presentation slides to google (you can do this yourself or ask for the help desk to do this.)
Forgotten what we're looking for? The judges will want you to demonstrate the system impact, the innovation and the business model of your solution in a top notch presentation.
- Does the team articulate a clear and focused need with specific stakeholders?
- How likely is the solution to improve health outcomes for the problem identified?
- Does the team demonstrate a clear understanding of the complexities involved?
- Is the solution designed to resolve the health problems identified?
- Does the team provide a convincing rationale for why their solution may work?
- Does the solution address healthcare, usability, and engineering challenges specific to their stakeholders?
- Is the team knowledgeable about similar efforts by others in the past, and does the solution address challenges others have found?
- Did the team consider the user experience, user interface, or service design aspects of the solution?
- How likely is the solution to be used?
- Has the team discussed this solution with stakeholders, and have they done any experiments or pilots to prove there is interest? [bonus, but strongly recommended]
- Did the team demonstrate a plan to work in the field and continuously incorporate end-user feedback?
- Has the team developed a sustainable business model?
● How effective was the presentation overall?
● Is the problem they are solving convincingly articulated, presented or visualized? The solution?
● Does the team have the background, skills, experience, and motivation to continue the project to implementation?
You've put a lot into this hackathon... what do you get out of it?
The Hackathon prize winners will receive a package of support from the Innovation Agency for their innovation. We will offer a wide range of services to innovators in industry and health and social care. In order to do this we will act as a single point of contact, building relationships with innovators and helping navigate the complex health system. We will provide advice about issues such as the required evidence base, evaluation methods and gaining access to markets. We will also promote the Small Business Research Initiative (SBRI) Healthcare programme, which provides both seed funding and visibility within the healthcare system and signpost businesses to our many local partners and regional and national sources of funding.
Here are 10 ways we can help innovators:
• Clinical input to product development, pathway development and research.
• Procurement of services and products
• Clinical evaluation
• Health economics
• Access to clinical experts and programme management support
• Establishing collaborations for co-development of new products
• Driving the adoption of new technologies and practice innovations in the NHS and Social Care
- Access to clinical experts and programme management support for implementation and spread
• Help with tailoring marketing for the NHS
• Bid writing for funding opportunities
Hackathon participants attendance certificate:
If you want a certificate for participating in the Hackathon, please contact: email@example.com