Join us at the next Maternity and Neonatal Patient Safety Network to explore some of the key issues relating to increasing the proportion of smoke-free pregnancies across the north west coast. We will share experience and learning from a local and systems perspective and aim to understand the impact of Covid-19 on local improvement plans and how we can build on the work Trusts are currently delivering.
The following drivers will help to contribute to reducing the prevalence of smoking in pregnancy to 6% or less by the end of 2022:
- Access and referral to specialist smoking cessation services
- Brief intervention training for maternity and neonatal staff
- CO monitoring offered to all pregnant women
- Develop system-wide pathways to achieve a smoke-free pregnancy
- Continuation of the care pathway to ensure babies are discharged to a smoke-free home
This event will provide the opportunity to understand some of the key contributory factors to reducing these rates.
As part of the mini-collaborative there will be opportunities for additional members of your team to learn more about Quality Improvement and work with North West Coast colleagues to address some of the key barriers to support women and families.
To register your interest, please email: email@example.com