*We were happy to offer this popular programme again in mid-September 2022 to January 2023. Please email email@example.com to express interest in a future programme.*
“Innovation is the ability to see change as an opportunity, not a threat”
This free 16-week foundation course is for curious individuals seeking to develop or reaffirm a mindset for innovative thinking and behaviours. We recommend this course for everyone interested in health and care innovation to develop ideas for life-changing impact.
You will need to be able to dedicate at least 12 hours to complete the coursework. The virtual coaching sessions will be scheduled for Thursdays at 10-11am.
We are pleased to offer 14 hours of CPD credits upon completion of this programme. A certificiate will be provided for evidence of learning.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- explain the difference between innovation and improvement,
- investigate a “curiosity question” in your innovation work,
- describe your place in the wider system and reflect on your power to influence,
- identify your innovation challenges and opportunities,
- apply a variety of research approaches to fill in the gaps of a current challenge,
- evaluate approaches for acting on your innovation and the risks to success you may face,
- answer “so what” and “now what” questions related to your innovation,
- compare collaborative approaches for maximising impact,
- provide evidence for shifts in mindset over time.
This course is open to professionals from health and care, third sector, academia and the public sector in the North West coast.
- Looking in and looking out: Your relationship with innovation and what it means to move as an innovator in the world.
- Stepping into the unknown: Expand your thinking processes in an innovative way.
- Breaking the rules: Disrupt stagnant patterns of thinking to create innovative habits.
- So what? Why having an innovator's mindset matters in transforming systems and how you can effect positive and meaningful change.
Each themed module contains:
- Innovation coaching space for one hour a week (3x per module)
- Theory and research to explore
- Reflective discussion
- A challenge for feeding back
- Resources and tools to use in practice
To get the most out of the experience, we recommend that you spend about an hour reading materials early in the module, then spend another hour or two reflecting, observing, trying the challenge, and responding to the discussion prompts.
You’ll also be able to connect with like-minded peers once a week through a one-hour virtual group collaboration session. Although these sessions are optional, many past participants consider these discussion opportunities to be extremely insightful and one of the best aspects of the programme.
You will be supported by a course leader who will connect with you once a week through the virtual group collaboration session mentioned above. This person will also be available through an online forum where you can ask questions.
How to join
Innovator’s Mindset is typically offered in Spring and Autumn. To express interest in a future course or to ask questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also sign up to the Innovation Agency’s newsletter to receive information about upcoming offers from the Coaching Academy.
Read about the experiences of past Innovator's Mindset participants on the Case studies: Learning and development page.