What is RESTORE2?
RESTORE2 is a physical deterioration and escalation tool for care settings.
It is designed to support homes and health professionals to:
- Recognise when a resident may be deteriorating or at risk of physical deterioration
- Act appropriately according to the resident’s care plan to protect and manage the resident
- Obtain a complete set of physical observations to inform escalation and conversations with health professionals
- Speak with the most appropriate health professional in a timely way to get the right support
- Provide a concise escalation history to health professionals to support their professional decision making
Support to care settings from the North West Coast Patient Safety Collaborative
The Patient Safety Collaboratives, delivered by the AHSNs, work collectively on a number of national work streams with staff in hospitals, community settings, primary care and care homes.
The Innovation Agency leads the Patient Safety Collaborative for the North West Coast and delivers the National Patient Safety Improvement Programme in the region, which includes Cheshire, Cumbria, Lancashire and Merseyside.
The Patient Safety Collaborative for the North West Coast is rolling out RESTORE2 across all residential, nursing and specialist care settings in the region. Care organisations are able to take part in online RESTORE2 training sessions and receive resources such as handbooks and observation charts free of charge.
You can view the dates and times of forthcoming online RESTORE2 training sessions and book your place here.
For more information about RESTORE2 training and resources for care organisations, contact us.
RESTORE2 resources for care settings
RESTORE2 resources for care settings are available to download free of charge - please see the menu to the right. Please note: for these resources to be used effectively it is essential that you take part in the online RESTORE2 training sessions.
For all care homes:
- Presentation Slides from Training Webinar
- RESTORE2 Workbook
- Social Agreement
- Measures Collection Tool
- Measures Collection Tool User Guide
- Training Videos:
- Care Home Top Tips for Rolling out RESTORE2
- Safety Champion – Evidence Record & Resource File
For Care Homes that take Observations and will be using full RESTORE2:
For Care Homes that do NOT take Observations and will be using RESTORE2 Mini
The Innovation Agency are supplying the first set of Paper RESTORE2 Charts, alongside a Workbook, for every Care Home and are working with your CCG to co-ordinate receipt of these. Any subsequent RESTORE2 Charts can be printed off directly, or ordered through NHS Creative. A digital platform is soon to be available that will benefit homes who are digitally enabled.